About the Coffee?
- Cuba first coffee plant was brought in by French
- At once, Cuba was the Largest Coffee Bean Exporter in the world.Due to political unrest , the industry has been staying stagnant for many years.
History of Cuba Coffee ?
- The first coffee plant was introduced to Cuba by Jose Antonio Gelabert in 1748.
- After the Haitian Revolution , the French Colonies abandon the land and the locals took over the Coffee production.
Where it is grown?
- Siera De Los Organos / Siera Del Rosario /Escambray /Guamaya
- Sierra Maestra / Sierra Cristal
Species Of Jamaica Coffee ?
- Arabica / Robusta
- Grown above 3000ft to 7000 ft above sea level.
How does the Coffee taste Like?
- Nutty , Sweet , cedar and mild acidity,spicy taste.
How much is cost for a Cuba Coffee ?
- It will cost you around 40 to 50 dollar per kg
Harvest Season for Cuba Coffee?
- August to March
- 40th Largest Coffee Producer in the World
Cuba Coffee Coffee Facts?
- The natural environment with ample rainfall and High Altitude provide a nourish environment to grow Cuba Coffee
- Turquino Peak at the Height of 1975 m provide a conducive environment to grow premium Coffee type.
- Coffee holds traditional value and historic cultural Valuefor Cubans.
- Dated Centuries Back when Cubans their origins as “campesinos” as peasant or slave for sugar and coffee plantation.
- Cuba was once the Highest Coffee Exporter during the nineteenth Century.
- Exporting 20 000 Metric Tonnes per year , majority are to Europe and Spain during the nineteenth Century.
- During Cuban Revolution , the government nationalization the coffee farms and cause a decline of the coffee industry.
- The emerge of Cold War during the 60th to 70th caused a devastated impact to the whole Coffee industries until now it had never recover.