Let’s get some insight before diving into the review of the best coffee creamers for diabetics. According to recent studies, one in every ten people suffers from diabetes in the USA.
It’s one of those diseases which can, fortunately, be kept in check if one can maintain a strict health routine.
But, for some folks out there, despite their medical condition, they still have to get their hands on a coffee creamer that makes the coffee taste better.
If you are one of these people then you must be thinking “Should I get coffee creamer or keep my diet routine straight as an arrow?”
Well, we think you can accomplish both goals with the solutions we have in store for you. After some thorough research, we think we’ve put together a list of the best coffee creamer for diabetics you can get your hands on.
So, let’s have a quick look at those coffee creamers.
Best Coffee Creamers for Diabetics
The key factor here is to eat healthily and be healthy, prerequisites for diabetics’ management.
1. Nutpods Dairy-Free Unsweetened Coffee Creamer
What did We Like the Most about this Creamer?
The Nutpods Unsweetened Dairy Creamer isn’t just something that helps you with your diet. It’s the perfect blend of features and pricing that makes this one a perfect choice for diabetics patients.
Whenever, you’re dealing with the best dairy-free creamers, the name Nutpods is common. Aside from having a very aromatic almond and coconut flavor, it also offers good compatibility with tea, coffee, oatmeal and a variety of other food items.
And for those of you feeling the grips of diabetes, the natural flavors and additives all work in perfect unison, offering better digestion and blood sugar control.
- A sugar-free coffee creamer that is adaptable to various recipes.
- A super convenient option for the ketogenic diet.
- Features a shelf-stable packaging, highly usable for long trips as well.
- The smoothness offers a good deal of convenience.
- Very rich and flavorsome output.
- Depending on what you’re looking for, you may find it a bit pricier than some of the existing options.
2. Walden Farms Sugar-Free Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
What Did We like the Most?
People with diabetes who are craving for some flavor should certainly try out the sweet cream coffee creamer from Walden Farms.
One of the very first things diabetes patients crave is sweets. And that is what this creamer does the best. The vanilla, hazelnut, and chocolate all blend together in perfect unison to result in a rich and flavorsome cup of Joe.
And if you are indeed looking for some premium flavors, then the price is certainly worth it.
Overall, for diabetes patients, this sweet creamer makes a lot sense. It doesn’t just guarantee flavors, it also keeps things healthy as well.
- A natural creamer with a great twist in taste.
- The flavors are rich along with a decent aroma.
- Features an overall blend of premium ingredients.
- Low carb and salt allow better overall digestion.
- It is a bit thicker considering some of the competition.
- You do need to consider the volume to get the desired results.
3. Laird Superfood Coffee Creamer Unsweetened
What We liked Most?
There are very few coffee creamers out there which have a natural, close-to-the-ground taste. And for a coffee creamer that has sea algae-infused for diet support, there’s not too much to complain.
First of all, the unsweetened, dairy-free creamer has aquamin, which is a form of sea algae riddling with minerals. And if you add coconut milk powder and extra virgin coconut oil, then you have the perfect recipe for a diabetic patient.
All in all, for those who are looking for something healthy, yet want to try something different, then you can certainly go with it.
- It comes infused with aquamin, sea algae packed with a healthy boost of minerals.
- It’s a gluten-free creamer featuring a good shot of taste and convenience.
- Offers better joint rejuvenation and energy storage of the body.
- A good option to manage ketogenic diets.
- Features coconut oil, a solid natural additive.
- The flavor balancing needs a fair bit of attention.
4. Califia Farms Hazelnut Better Half Coffee Creamer
What We liked Most?
You should probably know by now when it comes to the best coffee creamers for diabetics, then you should have a balance between flavors. And if you are willing to shed some calories, then the Better Half Coffee Creamer from Califia farms is certainly worth a look.
First of all, this dairy-free creamer gets you 15-calories per serving. Please don’t get it mixed up with sugar content, as this coffee creamer is sweetened with monk fruit. So, this will pose negligible harm to diabetes patients.
All in all, the coconut cream and almond milk not just exhume good flavors. Also, you are helping your body to rejuvenate without consuming extra carbs.
- It packs a good fusion of ingredients, offering rich and smooth flavors.
- Features a good deal of compatibility with a wide range of recipes.
- There’s a 15-gram/serving ratio, which is acceptable for diet purposes.
- There are no added sweetening additives.
- A very convenient option for the burst of flavors it offers.
- The clumping problem does need attention.
- It could be a bit smoother.
5. Coffee-Mate Coffee Creamer – Non Dairy, No Refrigeration
What We liked Most?
Coffee-Mate from Nestle, as many of you are aware, is a prominent brand when it comes to consumables. And their coffee creamer inspired by the ‘Dulce de Leche’ offers premium taste while helping you maintain your diabetic condition.
The non-dairy coffee creamer doesn’t have any sugar content, which is appreciable. Despite this, it manages to keep the flavors and aroma intact very well.
Overall, thanks to Nestlé’s efforts, you are getting a coffee creamer for diabetics that doesn’t just taste good but keeps your bodily functions in proper shape as well. Kudos to them.
- The ‘Dulce de Leche’ inspired flavor is top-notch.
- A non-dairy, lactose-free creamer.
- Features an acceptable calorie count per serving.
- The easy-to-pour lid is an added bonus.
- There is a hint of infused sugar content, which is not appreciable.
6. Nutpods French Vanilla Unsweetened Dairy-Free Liquid Coffee Creamer
What We liked Most?
Whenever you’re thinking of value-oriented coffee creamer for diabetics, you think of a good balance of additives with a good hint of flavoring. Thankfully, the Nutpods Liquid Coffee Creamer does those things pretty well.
When it comes to keeping things natural, then Nutpods certainly does take the cake without breaking the bank. Also, the dairy-free plant-based creamer has that nice taste of almond and coconut milk, which is appreciable.
And that says it all for a best budget coffee creamer. If you want to have an option with all the right bells and whistles, then you can certainly go for this unsweetened natural option.
- The value proposition for this creamer is very strong.
- The natural flavors are well-suited for diabetic patients.
- The flavor overall is very balanced.
- Features good usability with a variety of recipes.
- The flavor richness and aroma is a bit underwhelming.
7. Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk Coffee Creamer with Coconut Cream
What We liked Most?
If there’s one thing Califia farm does best, it’s the flavoring. And the unsweetened almond milk coffee creamer is no exception. So, if the flavor is a priority for you as a diabetes patient, then you can certainly go for it by all means.
First of all, if you’re thinking flavors, then the coconut-almond flavor of this coffee creamer will certainly please you. Also, this unsweetened creamer is dairy-free, meaning your diet routine will stay unscathed.
Other than that, there’s not much to say about a coffee creamer that needs no refrigeration. Overall, it plays really well with the needs of the average consumer.
- A plant-based Keto-friendly creamer.
- Offers only a mere 10-calorie per serving, very acceptable.
- The taste and creaminess are more than decent.
- It’s completely unsweetened and doesn’t require any refrigeration.
- The consistency is questionable.
8. Omega Powe creamer – Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer
What We liked Most?
If you’re looking for premium natural taste, we certainly think PowerCreamer is one of the best options. Combined with the natural taste and flavors, this coffee creamer certainly delivers when it comes to keeping the bodily function in order.
As mentioned earlier, diabetes patients look for the right balance between the taste and naturalism. Fortunately, this gluten and sweetener-free features coconut milk and grass-fed ghee.
And both of these ingredients are capable of keeping the blood sugar to the minimal levels, which is something you’d want as a diabetic. Overall, considering the convenience it offers for the value, it’s certainly worth a shot.
- A diet-friendly creamer with qualities of a stand-alone breakfast meal.
- Features natural ingredients including grass-fed ghee.
- The value per serving is very appealing.
- It blends very quickly and easily without any extra effort.
- Despite the welcoming aroma, the taste isn’t up to the mark.
9. Naturealm Mushroom Coffee Creamer
What We liked Most?
Naturealm is bringing something different in the lineup for the best coffee creamer for diabetics. The infused mushroom certainly makes a difference when it comes to keeping things natural and diet-friendly.
First of all, this sugar and dairy-free coffee creamer feature a blend of Maitake, Cordyceps, and Lion’s Mane that is infused with coconut milk, cocoa, and cinnamon. This incredible blend doesn’t just offer a hefty boost of healthy minerals, it also helps with the diabetic diet as well.
With that said, if you are someone looking for convenience and perhaps a better blend of ingredients, we certainly think you need to pick this creamer up.
- Features natural mushroom extracts.
- A rich and flavorsome blend overall.
- Dissolves quickly while maintaining the textures.
- Suitable for diabetes patients maintain bodily vigor nicely.
- When it comes to the richness, it doesn’t really feel that special.
10. Alpine Start Premium Coconut Coffee Creamer
What We liked Most?
A 2-in-1 solution for diabetes patients is often appreciated, especially for frequent travelers. Keeping that in mind, we’re showcasing the Alpine Start Premium Coconut Coffee Creamer, which is a decent choice for on-the-go brewing.
One of the most noteworthy things about this good coffee creamer is the fact that it’s very easy to use. You have single-use packets, very easy to carry on a tiresome journey. Also, the Arabian coffee flavor is certainly worth the praise as well.
Overall, this soy and dairy-free creamer and coffee aren’t just for the diabetics. As a matter of fact, it takes care of the travelers who are down with diabetes and need a good, healthy cup of coffee.
- It’s a 2-in-1 product, both creamer, and coffee at the same time.
- Features the infused Columbian Arabica coffee taste.
- It’s free of dairy and soy, good for diabetes patients.
- The taste does have that professional hint to it.
- Good coffee creamer for the outdoors.
- The pricing is a bit of an issue.
Consideration for Folks With Diabetics When Buying Coffee Creamer
If you are in the market looking for the best diabetics coffee creamers, then you must be careful with the following considerations. They may very well help you find the best out of the bunch while keeping your sugar levels at bay.
You May also check the almond milk frother for mixing Diabetics Coffee Creamer
Natural creamers: better than non-dairy options
For coffee aficionados, creamers are very important. And there’s really no way to go around it. But the key factor here is whether or not the coffee creamer is dairy-free or not. Although non-dairy creamers are toned down, they are not the same as dairy-free coffee creamers.
Dairy-free coffee creamers, for the most part, have some natural aspect to them. And it will certainly be hard to find their alternatives. All in all, if you are worried about the risks associated with diabetes, then it is clearly the right decision to pick up a natural and dairy-free option.
Liquid or powder: is there a winner?
Well, both options are good enough. With a powder coffee creamer, there is less chance of having too many additives involved. But the clumping problems usually persist with powdered options.
When it comes to the liquid creamers, although clumping is not that big of a deal, there may be some sweetness to it. And sometimes that comes as a major issue, as sugar levels need to be in balance for the diabetics.
Natural Ingredients: some must-have options
With coffee creamers, it is certainly a good idea to look for natural ingredients. For instance, coconut oil is something that should always be included if you are dealing with the top coffee creamer for diabetes patients.
The oil and its additives are very capable of keeping your diet well within the margin. MCT oils and collagen peptides are also useful additives that can help one out. These supplements are very effective when it comes to smooth metabolism and other bodily functions.
They are also very effective with ketogenic diets as well. Finally, almonds and other nutty food items have the correct amount of foody goodness that can help out with sustainability and other bodily functions. Therefore, you should certainly try and find these ingredients in your coffee creamer for good measure.
Taking a look at the label: what matters
Looking at the label of your coffee creamer will give you information on the ingredients and other useful stuff.
But you need to be aware of any type of supplements or ingredients that can bring a spike in your sugar levels. For instance, it is a proven truth that cornstarch is responsible for higher sugar levels.
So, be mindful of such additives when you are buying. In conclusion, the above-mentioned considerations are key for better control. So, you may want to be mindful of them while making considerations.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
1. Is there any difference between ‘Diabetes’ and ‘Diabetics’?
There is actually. You see, the name diabetes refers to the main illness. And when the ADA or American Diabetes Association uses the term ‘Diabetics’, they are referring to the medical issues or complications related to diabetes.
2. What is the key difference between type-1 and type-2 diabetes?
There is a simple distinction. When someone is diagnosed with type-1 diabetes, it means the body isn’t making enough insulin. But with type-2 diabetes, the insulin production is fine. The problem is your body cannot utilize the produced insulin properly, resulting in improper glucose levels.
3. My blood sugar is high. Does that mean I have diabetes?
The answer is both yes and no. You see, with diabetics, the complications with the usability of insulin produced results in a high blood sugar level.
But high blood sugar levels or “Hyperglycemia” can be because of pancreatic cancer, hormonal tumors, and even Cushing’s syndrome. Better get the opinion of your physician if you want to be sure.
4. Do diabetics have permission to use coffee creamers?
Well, depending on your medical condition. But, in general, the answer is yes. While one cup of coffee intake may be instrumental in gaining some leverage against diabetics, it is highly recommended to use dairy-free coffee creamers.
This may come as a surprise, but a cup of Joe can certainly help reduce the risks associated with type-2 diabetes. If you calculate, the reduction in risk factors to somewhere around 10 to 11%.
5. Is it true that coffee creamers have sugar in them?
According to the American Diabetes Association, a 2-tablespoon serving of coffee creamer can constitute somewhere around 11 grams of carbohydrates, almost 98% of which is sugar. So, the answer, in general, is yes.
6. Can coffee creamers be dangerous for diabetics?
Well, if you are going with an option that constitutes chemical additives and doesn’t have the proper balance, then it can hurt you. As a matter of fact, if you consume more than 2 grams of non-dairy creamer, then the risks of diabetes actually go up by a fair amount.
About 95% of people are diagnosed with type-2 diabetics, which happens if the body cannot utilize the produced insulin properly. Unfortunately, the risk factor for type-2 diabetics is relatively high.
And so, if you want to keep your bodily functions optimal during this period, going with the best coffee creamers for diabetics is the best way. Especially if you’re looking for a touch to taste in your daily life.
So far, the information in the various parts of this coffee creamer for diabetics review should be more than enough to help you out. Ultimately, the final decision has to be yours. Goodbye and happy hunting!