Cuba Coffee – Cuban Culture
About the Coffee ?
- Cuba first coffee plant was brought in by French
- At once, Cuba was the Largest Coffee Bean Exporter in the world.Due to political unrest , the industry has been staying stagnant for many years.
History of Cuba Coffee ?
- The first coffee plant was introduced to Cuba by Jose Antonio Gelabert in 1748.
- After the Haitian Revolution , the French Colonies abandon the land and the locals took over the Coffee production.
Where it is grown?
- Siera De Los Organos / Siera Del Rosario /Escambray /Guamaya
- Sierra Maestra / Sierra Cristal
Species Of Jamaica Coffee ?
- Arabica / Robusta
- Grown above 3000ft to 7000 ft above sea level.
How does the Coffee taste Like?
- Nutty , Sweet , cedar and mild acidity,spicy taste.
How much is cost for a Cuba Coffee ?
- It will cost you around 40 to 50 dollar per kg
Harvest Season for Cuba Coffee?
- August to March
- 40th Largest Coffee Producer in the World
Cuba Coffee Coffee Facts?
- The natural environment with ample rainfall and High Altitude provide a nourish environment to grow Cuba Coffee
- Turquino Peak at the Height of 1975 m provide a conducive environment to grow premium Coffee type.
- Coffee holds traditional value and historic cultural Valuefor Cubans.
- Dated Centuries Back when Cubans their origins as “campesinos” as peasant or slave for sugar and coffee plantation.
- Cuba was once the Highest Coffee Exporter during the nineteenth Century.
- Exporting 20 000 Metric Tonnes per year , majority are to Europe and Spain during the nineteenth Century.
- During Cuban Revolution , the government nationalization the coffee farms and cause a decline of the coffee industry.
- The emerge of Cold War during the 60th to 70th caused a devastated impact to the whole Coffee industries until now it had never recover.
TDisclaimer :: THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.